Benefits and Obligations
BENEFITS OF BEING A ROTARIAN
• Making the acquaintance of persons who realize their responsibility to their community.
• Genuine, wholesome, good fellowship.
• Developing true and helpful friends.
• Enlightenment as to other person’s work, problems and success. Education in methods to increase efficiency.
• Stimulation of your desire to be of service to your fellow men and women in society in general.
• Business contacts that come from enlarging your acquaintance and inspiring confidence in you and your business.
• To attend meetings regularly.
• To pay dues promptly.
• To propose new members.
• To be a big-hearted, broad-minded person
• a person of energy and action
• a Rotarian
DEALING WITH ATTENDANCE
• 60% attendance at regular meetings is required during any half year
• Unless excused, membership of any active member who is absent from four (4) consecutive meetings shall automatically terminate.
• Every effort should be made to make up attendance when a regular club meeting is missed.
• Upon written application to the Board of Directors setting forth good and sufficient cause, leave of absence may be granted excusing a member from attending the meetings of the club for a specific length of time.
• If you must leave a meeting early, speak to the Chairperson or Speaker in advance. It’s the courteous and thoughtful thing to do.